Here we can see, “How to Download and Store Gog Games on Backup Drives”
Everyone adores classic video games, and some believe newer releases can’t even match them.
If you share this mindset, you’ve probably heard of GOG.com (previously Good Old Games), a digital video game distribution site.
This cool video-game distribution platform focuses on classics from the past.
Furthermore, they can offer them without the need for DRM.
However, not everyone has access to a high-speed Internet connection worldwide.
As a result, re-downloading a game whenever you want to play it can take an eternity, if not longer.
As a result, customers have been inquiring how they may generate a hard disk backup of their GOG titles.
How can I download and store GOG games on backup drives?
1. Make a backup through GOG Galaxy
- GOG Galaxy is now available to play.
- Choose a game from your library.
- Next to Install or Play, click More.
- Choose from a variety of backups and extras.
- Under Game Backup Copy, choose the game you want to backup.
- Allow time for the backup to complete.
2. Download an offline backup game installer
- Go to the GOG website for more information.
- Hover your mouse over the name of your account on the main page to log in.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Games.
- Hover your mouse over the game you wish to download and click the downward arrow.
- CLICK ON DOWNLOADS TO SEE THEM
- DOWNLOAD OFFLINE BACKUP GAME INSTALLERS is the option to choose.
- Each file will begin downloading through your browser or a download manager after you click it.
Remember that this method will download the primary game in its original GOG format.
Any subsequent upgrades will only be available the next time you launch GOG Galaxy while connected to the Internet.
Aside from that, both of these techniques will allow you to save your games to a location of your choice.
This means you can backup your files to an external hard drive and install them anytime you want.
Furthermore, you need not need GOG Galaxy installed on your PC to install or play the games.
Furthermore, because the games are DRM-free, they will not be flagged as pirated content, making them entirely legal to play.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How do I modify GOG’s installation location?
To relocate a game, go to GOG Galaxy’s installation location—the default is C:Program Files (x86)GOG GalaxyGames—and right-click on the game’s folder. Cut and paste the folder to your new directory (for example, D:GamesGOG) and wait for the files to copy over.
2. What is the best way to transfer GOG games to an SSD?
You certainly can. Simply go to “Owned Games,” then click the options button to the right of the “Install” button, then “Manage Installation,” then “Import Folder,” and point it to the new disk location.
3. GOG offline backup installer is precisely what it sounds like.
It’s basically a case of GOG’s terrible naming. Offline backup installers are just standard game installers with a different name. They do not contain Galaxy clients in any way, shape, or form. You download and install the files, which contain the entire game.
4. How do I backup a GOG game? – Reddit
5. Is there a best way to download the backup installers … – Reddit