This is a simple process that does not require an app and is free: How to Download a Video from Facebook
This option only works on Facebook.com and won’t work on the Facebook app, but you don’t have to worry about downloading an app that might cause more problems than it is worth. So jump on your computer follow these simple easy steps, and you are good to go.
10 Easy Steps to Download a Video from Facebook
- First, you will need to go to Facebook on your browser. Then, find the video you want to download and right-click on the video.
- Next, click on the option Show video URL.
- A small box with the video’s URL will pop up. Copy the link and then paste it in a new tab or window’s address bar.
- Then, change the www in the address to basic. So, for example, if the video’s URL is https://www.facebook.com/Groove/videos/7711, you are going to change it to https://mbasic.facebook.com/Groove/videos/7711.
- Once you’re done, tap Enter on your keyboard.
- What this does is change the address to a mobile basic interface address, which will then let you download the video.
- If you did it right, the screen will look like you are trying to look at the Facebook app on your browser.
- Next, right-click on the video and choose the Open link in the new tab from the menu.
- In the new tab, the video won’t have any of the Facebook additions like comments and a like button. It will just be the video.
- From there, right-click on the video and choose Save video as… from the menu. Then, save it to your computer like you normally would any other video or photo. Now you can play the video with whatever video player you have installed on your computer.