Here we can see, “How to Compress a .mov File on Windows 10 & Mac Quick & Easy”
- The.mov file format is one of the most widely used video file formats, but it takes up a lot of space on the device where it is stored.
- This article will look at some options for compressing your video clip on both Windows 10 and Mac.
Video files can be incredibly huge, which can cause a lot of issues when uploading or hosting them on different websites.
A 1-minute uncompressed 1080p movie, for example, can consume up to 120-130 MB, which is a lot given a.mov file is longer than one minute.
Shrinking them may be a better option if you don’t need the maximum possible resolution for your.mov files.
This will reduce both bandwidth and uploading speed and viewing buffering.
While compressing a huge video may take some time, it will undoubtedly clear up space on your device once completed.
Keep reading to learn how to compress.mov files in Windows 10 and Mac.
How can I compress a .mov file on Windows 10 or Mac?
1. Use a dedicated software
One of the best things about WinZip is that it has a lot of useful capabilities, such as sharing, modifying, and moving files on your computer or in the cloud.
Because of the tools that allow you to share, manage, protect, and even backup your data, this software is more than just a simple compression tool.
It’s quite simple to use WinZip. After downloading and installing the tool on your device, right-click on the.mov file and select Zip from the menu.
All that remains is to select the preferred location for the Zip file to be saved.
Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7z, TAR, GZIP, VHD, XZ, and other compression formats are supported by WinZip.
Now, let’s have a quick look at its key features:
- Extraction of several files
- Repairing ZIP files
- Password security.
- Features include a File Manager and a File Splitter.
- Options for data backup and sharing
- Connects to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and other services.
2. Compress the file using VLC
- Install VLC on your device and launch it.
- Navigate to the File menu in VLC.
- Select the Convert option next.
- Select the movie you wish to convert by clicking the Add button.
- Then press the Convert/Save button.
- Select Video – H.265+ MP3 in the Profile section (MP4).
- Select the location where you want the file to be saved by clicking on Destination.
- After that, click Open.
- Finally, press the Start button and wait for the conversion to complete.
- It may take a few minutes to compress the data. Close the window to avoid compromising the entire procedure and corrupting the output video.
3. Convert the .mov file online
There are a variety of websites where you can convert.mov files, which is a terrific alternative to use when you don’t have a lot of time.
It’s possible that you won’t be given the choice of which MP4 technology is utilized and that the file size you can upload will be limited.
Wondershare is a website where you can simply convert your.mov file to other file formats as long as the file size is less than 100 MB.
Converting your file is a straightforward procedure. All you have to do now is upload your file and wait for the prompt to download it. This normally takes no more than a few minutes.
In addition, because you will be downloading the file via the Internet, we recommend that you install antivirus protection on your PC if you do not already have one.
As you can see, compressing the a.mov file does not have to be a time-consuming or tedious operation. Using our suggestions above, you can achieve it in just a few steps.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. On a Mac, how can I compress a large.MOV file?
- Launch the Quicktime Player.
- You should get a popup inviting you to choose your video. If it still doesn’t work, go to File > Open File.
- After that, go to File > Export As
- A list of video resolutions will appear. Select the lowest resolution available.
- Give your video a name and save it somewhere.
2. How can I compress my MOV file?
Compressing the contents of your MOV file is one of the simplest ways to make it smaller. Locate your preferred MOV file and select Properties from the context menu. Then select General > Advanced. To preserve disk space, check the box next to Compress contents.
3. On a Mac, how can I compress a video file for email?
- Make a zip archive. Converting a video to a zip file is the most frequent approach to compress it.
- With iMovie for Mac, you may make a video shorter and smaller.
- Save a video at a lesser resolution.
- Make use of a cloud service
- Share a video link without having to upload it.
- Create a GIF.
4. Video compressor? I need to shrink a 1080p 2GB video file to
5. How to compress a 300mb video file to 20mb or less? – Reddit