Here we can see, “How to: Change the Download Location in Windows 10, 8, 7”
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you didn’t have enough free disk space to download a file, folder, or program in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows 10? This is because, like any other Microsoft operating system, Windows 8, 7, and 10 have the default download location folder set in your C:/ drive, which also contains your operating system. This is why you will most likely not have as much room as you would like.
In the tutorial below, you’ll discover how simple it is to change the download location in Windows 8, 7, or 10 in just five minutes. Also, even if the notice appears that you don’t have enough free disk space on the partition, you can modify the download location folder. So, without further ado, let’s start the tutorial and create a new directory for our downloaded files.
On your PC, change the default download location
- After you’ve turned on your Windows 7, 8, or 10 computer, you’ll need to left-click on the desktop icon on the start screen.
- Now, once you’ve arrived at your desktop, right-click on the “Windows Explorer” icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- You must now left-click on the “Desktop” icon in the menu that appears.
- Note: You may also access the “Desktop” by double-clicking (left-clicking) on My Computer or This PC (depending on your OS version) and then left-clicking on the “Desktop” icon on the left side of the screen after the “My Computer” window has appeared.
- After selecting “Desktop,” various icons will appear on the right side of the window, and you must double-click (left-click) on the folder with your account’s name.
- You must right-click on the “Downloads” folder provided in the folder you accessed that contained your account name.
- After right-clicking the “Downloads” folder, select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Now that the “Properties” window is open left-click on the “Location” tab in the window’s upper left corner.
- You can see the path where the download things are heading now that you’ve picked the “Location” option.
- Under the designated path, left-click on the “Move” button.
- Now that you’ve left-clicked on “Move,” you’ll need to write down the disk and folder where you want your stuff to be downloaded.
- Note: If the folder you’ve typed doesn’t exist, you’ll be asked if you want to create it when you left-click on the “Apply” button in the lower right corner of the screen, and you’ll leave click on “OK” to confirm.
- A new “Move folder” box will emerge, showing you the old and new locations and instructing you to left-click on the “Yes” button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- You must now left-click the “OK” button in the “Download Properties” window.
- Check if your Windows 7, 8, or Windows 10 system has created a “Downloads” folder in the new location where you choose to download your files.
Note: If your Windows 7, 8, or 10 devices haven’t generated the “Downloads” folder in the new directory after powering up, reboot it and check again.
In Windows 10, how can I change the default save location?
You may also modify the download folder save location from the Settings page if you’re using Windows 10:
- Select Storage from the Settings > System menu.
- Now select ‘Change where new content is saved’ from the drop-down menu.
For each item category, select your desired download site.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. In Windows 10, how can I modify the download location?
Open “This PC” by navigating to it. Right-click the “Downloads” folder and select “Properties” from the menu. Click on the “Location” tab in the “Downloads Properties” window that appears on the screen. To continue, click the “Apply” button after changing the default download location with the “Move” option.
2. What’s the best way to alter my usual download location?
- Open Chrome on your machine.
- Click More. Settings in the top right corner.
- Click Advanced at the bottom of the page. Downloads.
- Change your download settings as follows: Click Change and choose where you want your files to be saved to change the default download destination.
3. In Windows 7, how can I modify the download location?
- Select the location tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Move option.
- Choose a new home for the Downloads folder.
- Select ‘Apply’ from the drop-down menu.
- Close the Downloads properties window by clicking the OK button.
4. Changing Download path : r/Windows10 – Reddit
5. Can’t change file download location. : r/Windows10 – Reddit