Here we can see, “How to: Change Gmail’s Chat and Video Call Settings”
- Google’s Gmail service is getting some new integrations.
- Chat, video calls, and a Google Docs feature is among them.
- For the time being, most users are unable to access these features.
- In the Gmail interface, users can also change their availability statuses.
Last year, Google announced its aspirations to transform Gmail into an authentic communication and work powerhouse by combining chat, video calls, and Google Docs capabilities.
According to the official Google statement, many of the Workspace apps are getting upgrades and new capabilities.
Gmail now has a new chat and video call functionalities.
Initially, the firm decided to keep these services deactivated for most consumers.
Keep in mind that if you were not chosen by the firm to participate in this experiment, you might not be able to see the new Gmail interface and its features right away.
Consider it beta testing for new features that Google is still relying on public testing to get up and running as quickly as possible.
What am I supposed to do with these new integrations?
Here are the actions you’ll need to do to activate these extra features and enhance your Gmail experience:
- Go to the Gmail online interface and log in.
- Tap to the Settings menu and select the option to show all settings.
- Go to the Chat and Meet section.
- Select Google Chat next to Chat and Save Changes if you wish to use the new Gmail interface.
- Change the setting to Off to turn off the new Gmail interface.
When you press the save changes button on the page, the new Gmail interface will open, and chat, rooms, and Meet will all appear on the sidebar, just beneath the email folders.
A new Google Docs functionality will also be added to Gmail
Another piece of good news is that Google has improved the Google Docs service‘s integration.
This means that if a user sends you a link to a document, you can now open it in chat and see it straight immediately.
This feature is presently not working in some instances, such as receiving a link in an email or a pop-up chat window.
Since we’re on the subject of changes, Google also plans to rename Rooms to Space over the summer.
The addition of new features such as n-line topic threading, presence indicators, configurable statuses, and expressive reactions will be among them.
When the new interface is enabled, Gmail users will be able to update their status from the top right corner. The dropdown menu will show you how to switch between automated, do not disturb, and away modes.
When Google begins rolling out these new services to all users.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How do I update my Gmail chat settings?
- Open Gmail on your computer.
- Click Settings in the upper right corner. View all options.
- Click Chat and Meet at the top of the page.
- To toggle Chat on or off in Gmail, pick Google Chat or Off next to “Chat.”
- Save your changes by clicking the Save button.
2. How can I make video chat available in Gmail?
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- Tap Chat at the bottom.
- Create a one-on-one chat message.
- Click Start voice call or Start video call at the top of the page.
- Click End call to end the call.
3. What are the Google Chat settings?
Where can I locate chat options? The “Google Chat and classic Hangouts” settings page in the Admin panel contains all Google Chat and traditional Hangouts settings.
4. You can disable the “Meet” tab on the Gmail app by going
LPT – You can disable the "Meet" tab on the Gmail app by going to settings, then click on your mail address and untick the "show the meet tab for video calling". from Android
5. Video calling from Google Chat – Reddit