Here we can see, “How to Block Text Messages from a Certain Number on an iPhone”
Sometimes you get spam messages on your phone. Sometimes people are annoying. Sometimes you only got to block people. The great news is doing that on your iPhone is straightforward.
There is a little quirk to blocking numbers on an iPhone: the amount you would like to block must be stored in your Contacts, as there are no thanks to blocking a selected number otherwise. We recommend creating a contact called “Spam” (or similar) and adding all spammy numbers to its contact card so you don’t clutter your contact list.
How to block iPhone text messages from certain senders
Just like getting phone calls from unwanted callers, you’ll receive text messages from unwanted senders. Whether it’s an unknown person, you think it’s spam, or is just someone you do not want texts from; you’ll block them easily.
Block text message senders
To get started, open your Messages app, then follow these steps.
- Tap the text message with the sender that you want to block.
- Tap the knowledge icon at the highest right of the message.
- Tap the amount that the message came from and take care not to tap the phone or FaceTime icon if you see one because this may call them.
- Tap Block this Caller at the rock bottom of the screen.
- Confirm the action by tapping Block Contact within the pop-up window.
You will see the Block this Caller option now display as Unblock this Caller. You’ll then tap the arrow at the highest left to travel back and tap Done.
If the sender tries to text you after you block them, their message won’t come through to you.
How to Block a Group Text on an iPhone
To block a gaggle text on your iPhone, open the Messages app and choose the group text you would like to block. Then tap the data button and tap the slider next to go away Conversation.
As long as there are people (minimum of three) within the group text, members can leave a gaggle text any time they need.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Then select the group text you would like to block.
- Next, tap the profile icon at the highest of the screen.
- Then tap info.
- Next, tap Leave this Conversation.
- Finally, tap Leave this Conversation within the pop-up and choose Done. You’ll see this within the top-right corner of your screen.
See who you have blocked
If you ever want to ascertain an inventory of numbers you’ve got blocked, follow these steps.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Messages.
- Scroll down and tap Blocked.
You will then see all of the numbers you’ve got blocked. You’ll edit the list by tapping Edit at the highest or select one to display their details and other options.
How to unblock a number on your iPhone
- Note that you can see and edit your blocked contacts at any time by opening the Settings app from your iPhone’s home screen, then tapping Messages.
- Next, tap “Blocked Contacts” under the SMS/MMS section.
- you’ll remove a contact or number from the blocked list by swiping left, then tapping “Unblock.”
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
- Can I block all texts from unknown numbers?
Open your phone app on Android, tap on the three-dot icon within the upper right corner and choose Settings. Tap on Block numbers. You’ll find several options, including unknown callers, recent calls, or from your contact list. Choose or manually enter the variety you would like to block.
- What happens if I answer a spam text?
Directly replying to a spam text message lets a spammer know that your number is genuine. What happens next? They will sell your telephone number to other spammers who might bombard you with promises of gifts and merchandise offers.
- Can you tell if your phone is hacked?
Strange or inappropriate pop-ups: Bright, flashing ads or X-rated content shooting up on your phone may indicate malware. Texts or calls not made by you: If you notice texts or calls from your phone that you didn’t make, your phone could also be hacked.
- How to block messages from an unknown number on an iPhone X?
- Completely block variety from text