Here we can see, “How Do I Turn Off Autocorrect On An iPhone? Here’s The Fix!”
You want to turn off autocorrect on your iPhone but don’t know-how. Auto-Correction can sometimes aggravate, especially if your iPhone incorrectly corrects words or phrases. I’ll show you how to switch off autocorrect on an iPhone in this article so you can use the keyboard without worrying about your words being modified.
What Is Autocorrect And What Does It Do?
If it believes you’ve committed a spelling or grammatical error, autocorrect is a software feature that automatically provides suggestions or modifications to what you’ve typed. With advancements in technology, autocorrect can now efficiently identify more specific grammar errors.
The iPhone has always included some type of autocorrecting software, becoming increasingly advanced since its initial release in 2007. Auto-Correction, Apple’s autocorrect feature, is active in any app that uses your iPhone’s keyboard. This includes apps like Messages, Notes, and your favorite email client. When you disable autocorrect on your iPhone, it affects all your keyboard-using apps, not just the Messages app.
How To Turn Off Autocorrect On An iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Select General.
- The keyboard should be tapped.
- Toggle the Auto-Correction switch.
- When the switch is gray, Auto-Correction is turned off.
Turning off autocorrect on an iPhone is as simple as that! Your errors will no longer be autocorrected the next time you use your iPhone keypad. You may turn to autocorrect back on by navigating to Settings -> General -> Keyboard and clicking the Auto-Correction switch. When the switch turns green, you know autocorrect is back on.
No More Autocorrect!
You’ve successfully turned off autocorrect, and your iPhone will no longer change the words you input. Don’t forget to tell your friends about how to turn off autocorrect on an iPhone now that you know-how. Thank you for reading our article; if there’s anything else you’d like to know about your iPhone keyboard, please leave a comment below!
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. On my iPhone, how can I turn off autocorrect?
- Select General in the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down to the Keyboard section on the General page…
- Locate the Auto-Correction option in the All Keyboards section.
- Turn the Auto-Correction button from green to grey to disable autocorrect.
2. How do you get rid of AutoFill words on the iPhone?
Select AutoFill from the drop-down menu under Settings > Safari. Turn off the names and passwords. If you wish to “teach” the iPad your correct email address, the only method to remove the proposed words is to tap on the X when the suggested word appears up, aside from turning off AutoFill in settings.
3. Why does the autocorrect feature on the iPhone correct words?
You may not be training autocorrect to stop making undesirable modifications, which is one of the main reasons it continually modifies your wording. When you’re typing a text message, you’ll notice a little preview appear every time autocorrect wants to replace a word. In essence, the feature is requesting your permission to change anything.
4. How to make autocorrect stop changing words that are spelled
5. How do I fix Auto correct changing “you” to “you’d” : r/ios – Reddit