Here we can see, “How Do I Make Ringtones For An iPhone? The Expert Guide!”
You’d want to make a ringtone for your iPhone but don’t know-how. It’s simple to make an iPhone ringtone file once you understand the prerequisites; if you don’t, you’ll have issues, and the file won’t work. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to produce iPhone ringtones using iTunes, so you may make your own unique iPhone ringtone.
What You Need To Know Before You Make Ringtones For An iPhone
First, you must realize that each piece of music on your iPhone is a separate.mp3 or.m4a file. Even while we wish it were possible, Apple doesn’t let you choose a song file on your iPhone and turn it into a ringtone without first converting it to an.m4r file.
iPhone ringtones are.m4r audio files, which are not the same as the songs that you ordinarily import onto your iPhone. It’s also worth noting that not all music files can be converted to an iTunes-compatible.m4r format. We’re working on a solution for music from iTunes Match and iCloud Music Library!
The final requirement to remember — and here is where many people find themselves into trouble — is that your iPhone ringtone must be less than 40 seconds long, as iPhone ringtones have a maximum length of 40 seconds.
How To Make Ringtones For An iPhone
To begin, select a song file that you’d like to use as an iPhone ringtone and cut it down to 40 seconds or less. Second, you’ll need to convert those files to iPhone ringtones in the.m4r format. Thankfully, we’ve discovered a website that makes the entire procedure simple!
To make your ringtone, we recommend Audio Trimmer — a service with which we are not affiliated but reliably recommend. We’ll walk you through making your own ringtone, including how to trim and convert your file to a.m4r, open it in iTunes, copy it to your iPhone, and set it up on the iPhone’s Settings app.
- Go to audiotrimmer.com for more information.
- To make a ringtone, upload the audio file you want to use.
- Reduce the duration of the audio sample to less than 40 seconds.
- Choose m4r as the audio format. M4r files are used to store iPhone ringtones.
- Your file will be downloaded when you click Crop.
- In iTunes, open the file. When the file displays at the bottom of the window in Google Chrome, click on it.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes (charging cable) using your Lightning cable. If you have already set up your iPhone to sync via Wi-Fi, your iPhone may appear in iTunes automatically.
- Check that Tones is synced with your iPhone. Skip to Step 13 if they are.
- At the top of iTunes, select Library.
- Select Music from the drop-down menu.
- Select Edit Menu…
- Then click Done after checking the box next to Tones.
- To access your iPhone settings, click the iPhone button iTunes in the upper left-hand corner of iTunes.
- Under your iPhone, click Tones on the left side of the screen.
- Look into Sync Tones.
- To sync your iPhone with iTunes, click Sync in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone once your Tones have been synced.
- Sounds and haptics can be activated by tapping on the screen.
- Toggle the Ringtone option.
- Choose the personalized ringtone you’ve just made.
Custom iPhone Ringtones: All Set!
You’ve learned how to make customized iPhone ringtones that you’ll hear whenever you get a phone call or receive a text message. Have fun now that you know how to design iPhone ringtones — and share this post with your friends if you like it. Thank you for reading, and if you have any further questions, please leave a comment below.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I turn an audio file into a ringtone on my iPhone?
On the navigation bar in iTunes, click the device symbol to the left of “Library.” Click the “Tones” box under On My Device in the left sidebar. Drag and drop the.m4r ringtone file from its folder into iTunes’ Tones section.
2. How do I make my own iPhone ringtones?
Open your iPhone’s Settings app, then tap Sounds (commonly known as Sounds & Haptics), then Ringtone. Your personalized tones will display above the preset Ringtones at the top of the list. To make one of them your ringtone, simply tap on it.
3. I don’t have access to a computer, so how do I download ringtones for my iPhone?
One app named GarageBand is required to add ringtones to the iPhone without using a computer. It’s a sound and audio editing program for iOS and Mac OS X, and it’s one of Apple’s most popular apps. It can assist you in making iPhone ringtones from music in your Music Library.
4. How the hell do I add a custom ringtone? : r/iphone – Reddit
5. Is It Possible To Add Custom Ringtones Anymore? : r/ios