How to troubleshoot Google Pixel 2 with Camera failed error
Since this error is more inclined to reveal a hardware issue, all-welded like to try to rule out the chances that this is often just thanks to apps and firmware problems, after this troubleshooting guide and you continue to can can’t use the Camera of your phone due to the error, I suggest you bring it to the shop or back to the shop to get a technician to check it up for you. Now, here there’s what you ought to do about it:
First solution: Reboot your phone
Before doing anything, confirm you’re taking time restarting your phone, especially if this is often the primary time you encounter this problem. It may be just a result of a glitch thanks to some apps or the firmware itself. Press and hold the facility key of your phone and switch it off usually. Allow a couple of seconds before turning it back on. If the matter continues after the traditional reboot, then try doing the forced restart. Press both the quantity down and power keys simultaneously and hold them down together for 10 seconds or more. Your phone will reboot love it usually does, but this procedure refreshes the memory better than the traditional reboot.
If the matter continues after this, then advance to the subsequent solution.
Second solution: Clear cache and data of Camera
Doing this may reset the Camera back to its default settings or configuration and delete its cache and data files. If this is often just dragging with the app, this procedure is quite enough to repair it.
- From a Home screen, tap the Arrow Up icon to display all apps.
- Navigate: Settings > Apps & notifications.
- Tap See all xx apps.
- Locate then select Camera.
- Tap Force stop.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear cache.
- Tap Clear data.
- Tap OK.
After this, try opening the Camera to understand if the error still pops up and if it does, then try the subsequent solution.
Third solution: Find out if it’s due to third-party apps
There are third-party apps that also use the Camera. Remember that you can have two sessions of the Camera at a time, so if an app is already using it, expect to urge the “Camera failed” error once you open it. To understand if this is often really the case, run your phone in safe mode to temporarily disable all third-party applications:
- With the device powered on, press and hold the facility button (located on the right edge) until the facility off prompt appears, then release.
- Touch and hold Power off until the “Reboot to safe mode” prompt appears, then release.
- Tap OK to confirm.
- The restart process may take up to 45 seconds to finish.
- Upon restart, “Safe mode” appears within the lower-left of the unlock/home screen.
Open the Camera while the phone is during this mode to understand if the matter is fixed and if it’sit’s, then it’sit’s confirmed that the explanation for the difficulty might be a third party. Find that app and uninstall it to repair the problem…
- From a Home screen, tap the Arrow icon to display all apps.
- Navigate: Settings > Apps & notifications .
- Tap See all ”xx” apps.
- Tap an app that you think causes the matter.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap OK to confirm.
However, if the flickering continues even in safe mode, the next thing you ought to do is troubleshoot the firmware.
Fourth solution: Delete the system cache
In troubleshooting the firmware, the primary thing you’ve got to try to do is to delete the system cache because it’s possible that a number of the files got corrupted. Corrupt system cache may cause performance issues like crashing of apps and other problems. You would like to wipe the cache partition to delete and replace all system caches, and here there’s how you are doing it:
- Turn off your Google Pixel 2.
- Once off, press the facility and volume down button together a few times.
- This will turn the device on, and you would like to carry both the buttons till the Google Pixel 2 logo disappears.
- After this, await the time till your device boots into recovery mode.
- Next, you’ll choose the language of your choice.
- Next is to tap on the “Wipe Data and Cache” option.
- After this, tap on the “Wipe Cache” option.
- You will be asked to verify an equivalent; click yes to proceed.
- After this, you would like to attend till your Google Pixel 2 clears the whole cache partition.
- After this, tap on the reboot. This may restart your device.
- Once restarted, you’re done.
Don’tDon’t worry; none of your files are going to be deleted if you probably did this. It’sIt’s very useful but if the matter continues after this method, then try the subsequent solution.
Fifth solution: Backup your files and reset your phone
After doing the fourth solution and therefore the Camera of your Pixel 2 remains failing, you would like to reset your phone to rule out the likelihood that it’sit’s a firmware issue. You’ve got no other choice at now and if the matter continues after this, you ought to bring the phone to the shop or back to the shop so that a technician can check it for you. Before the reset, confirm you backup all of your files and data, especially those stored in your phone’s internal storage, as they’re going to be deleted.
- Ensure the device is powered off.
- Press and hold the Power+Volume Down buttons until bootloader mode (image of an Android with Start above it) appears, then release.
- Select Recovery mode.
- Use the quantity buttons to cycle through the available options and, therefore, the Power button to pick.
- The device will flash the Google start screen momentarily, then restarts in Recovery mode.
- Suppose presented with a broken Android picture with “No Command” shown on the screen, press and hold the facility button. Press the quantity Up button once, then release the facility button.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Yes, then allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to finish.
- Select Reboot system now.
- Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to finish.
I hope that this troubleshooting guide has helped you. If you’ve got other issues together with your phone that you want to share with us, be happy to contact us anytime or leave a comment below.