Here we can see, “How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Gog Titles”
GOG.com (previously Good Old Games) is a video game and film digital distribution portal.
Its name comes from the fact that the company specializes in distributing older titles, but it also handles new releases.
The games on GOG are DRM-free, which distinguishes it apart from other similar platforms like Steam or Epic Store.
GOG also offers a client that allows you to manage your game library.
GOG Galaxy is the name of this client, and it has many cool features.
Some users, on the other hand, have been curious about some of the features that appear to be hidden in plain sight:
Just a quick question. Is there a way to create a shortcut for a game i’ve downloaded from Galaxy? I know that if you download the game from GOG’s website it automatically adds a shortcut to your desktop, but is there a way to do this with Galaxy?
While the downloaded games may be easily available through the GOG Galaxy collection, some users still prefer the old-fashioned desktop icon.
How to create a desktop shortcut for games
When you download a game from GOG, you should be asked whether you want a desktop shortcut or not on the download location screen.
You can, however, make it a default option for GOG Galaxy to create desktop shortcuts for all the games you download.
As a result, take the following steps:
- GOG Galaxy is now available to play.
- Click on GOG.com (Top-left corner) (Top-left corner)
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Downloads section.
- Select the box next to the Create desktop shortcut field.
- Close the door.
All future games you download should now be affected by the update.
Keep in mind that removing GOG Galaxy will not remove the games you downloaded from it.
If you don’t like GOG, you should try Epic Games or Steam, two more digital game distribution services.
Furthermore, they all have huge weekly sales, with major sales occurring during summer and winter.
For example, electronic Arts, Ubisoft, and Rockstar Games have their own proprietary clients called Origin, Uplay, and the Rockstar Games Launcher.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I add games to the Start menu in Windows 10?
Locate the game’s folder under the steamappscommon folder. In the game’s folder, look for the executable file. Select Pin to Start from the context menu when you right-click the executable file. As a tile, the game will be pinned to the Start menu.
2. What’s the best way to make a desktop shortcut?
- Resize your Web browser so that it and your desktop are both visible on the same screen.
- Left-click the symbol in the address bar on the left side…
- Continue to drag the icon to your desktop while holding down the mouse button.
3. In Windows 10, how can I add a link to my desktop?
Drag and drop the file or folder to your desktop while holding down the Alt key on your computer. The words “Create Desktop Link” will show on the screen. To link, let go of the mouse button.
4. Is there a way to create desktop shortcuts that lead to … – Reddit
5. Is is possible to create shortcuts for additional executables?