Here we can see, “How to: Fix Lg Dvd Player Not Working in Windows 10”
- Some Windows customers have experienced issues with the LG DVD drive on their computers.
- Follow this instruction to fix the problem if the player isn’t working or isn’t being detected by the system.
Is your LG DVD Player on Windows 10 not working? Or is your LG DVD drive not detected by your Windows 10 PC? Don’t be concerned! This article will teach you how to resolve the issue.
Some Windows customers who just upgraded to Windows 10 have claimed that their LG DVD player no longer works on their new PC.
Because some software installation files exist on the DVD disk, this conundrum is crucial; as a result, installing such software or playing multimedia DVDs would be difficult.
However, this issue is caused by issues with the hardware, specifically the LG DVD drive and the system drivers. However, this is bad news for LG computer users, who are experiencing their own problems
What can I do if the LG DVD player won’t work on Windows 10?
1. Update the DVD driver
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Enter the command devmgmt.msc.
- Display adapters should be expanded.
- Right-click the driver and select Update driver software from the context menu.
- Restart your computer.
Use an automated tool to update the DVD driver
On the market, there are various automated driver update solutions; some are wonderful, while others infect your system with malware.
As soon as it launches, it will scan your system fully and compare your drivers to its cloud-based database to provide the best alternatives.
One more step remains: choose which driver to install by checking the checkboxes next to each one or the Select All box at the top to install all the drivers.
2. Test with CD
Make sure your DVD drive can play CDs before concluding that the LG DVD player is not working on your Windows 10 computer. You can test the DVD drive by inserting a music CD into it.
If the drive can play your music CD, it shows the DVD drive is functional. To play DVDs, you will need to obtain DVD playback software.
However, if the DVD player fails to recognize the CD, you might try the alternative options given below.
3. Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
- Click the search bar by pressing the Windows Key.
- Click Troubleshooting after typing troubleshooting.
- On the left panel of the screen, select View All.
- Go to the Hardware and Devices tab.
- To run the troubleshooting, click Next and follow the directions.
4. Uninstall additional ATA / ATAPI controllers
- Activate Device Manager.
- Expand the area called IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers.
- Right-click all ATA Channel Controllers and select Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Close Device Manager and restart your computer after uninstalling all ATA Channel Controllers.
5. Reinstall the DVD drive
- Select Device Manager from the list by pressing Windows Key + X.
- Find your DVD drive driver in the DVD / CD-ROM drives area, right-click it, and select Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall when the confirmation message appears.
- Check to see if the problem has been resolved by restarting your computer.
6. Check the DVD drive in BIOS
- Start your computer again.
- Enter the BIOS by pressing the F1 key or any other appropriate key (other keys such as F1, F12 or Delete may be used depending on your system)
- When you first boot up your computer, go to the Storage tab, select Device Configuration, and hit Enter.
- Under the Device Configuration subscreen, look for your CD/DVD drive.
- Check to determine if your DVD drive is included in the list of drives. Reset the BIOS settings if necessary (instructions below)
Reset the BIOS settings
- Start your computer again.
- Enter the BIOS by pressing the F1 key or any other appropriate key (other keys such as F1, F12 or Delete may be used depending on your system).
- Optimal Defaults can be found on the Exit tab.
- Enter the code.
- To save your modifications and restart your computer, hit F10.
7. Add another controller
- Reboot your Windows 10 computer.
- Select Command Prompt from the Start menu by right-clicking on it (admin).
- In Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
reg.exe add "HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetServicesatapiController0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
- Restart the computer.
8. Create a new registry subkey
- Use a Windows account with administrator capabilities to log in.
- Press the Windows key + R together.
- Type regedit into the Run command box and press Enter.
- Navigate to the following path in the Registry Editor window:
- Right-click atapi, choose New and then choose Key.
- Press Enter after typing Controller0.
- Right-click the Controller0 key, select New, and then DWORD(32-bit) Value.
- Enter the command EnumDevice1.
- Then right-click EnumDevice1 and choose Modify from the context menu.
- In the Value Data box, change the value to 1 and click OK.
- Restart your computer after closing the Registry Editor.
9. Replace your DVD drive
The LG DVD drive may be defective, resulting in the LG DVD player not working on Windows 10 issue; as a result, you may need to replace it.
You can easily obtain a replacement DVD drive from Amazon or a local computer retailer. Ascertain that a qualified computer engineer performs the replacement.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What is the procedure for resetting my LG DVD player?
Select Settings > OTHERS > Initialize from the remote control’s HOME button, then press ENTER or WHEEL. 2. Select the required option and click Close when finished. Factory Reset – Reset the player to its factory default settings.
2. Why is there no disc in my LG DVD player?
No-disc problems typically occur when the DVD or laser-lens pickup has grown filthy, preventing the DVD player from reading the disc. It’s possible that you’ll need to update to a newer model, as most of them now support the latest DVD formats. Use a DVD laser lens cleaning disc to clean the laser lens.
3. What is the procedure for updating LG firmware?
Manual firmware updates can be done by downloading the updatefile from lg.com and saving it to a USB drive. To complete the update, you’ll need the following items: A USB flash drive with at least the same amount of storage as the firmware update (check the file size on your productsupport page).
4. LG TV-LG DVD player audio not working : techsupport – Reddit
5. DVD drive is recognized by my PC but won’t recognize disks.