Here we can see, “How to: Fix ExpressVPN won’t connect after update”
- One of the most well-known VPN companies on the Internet is ExpressVPN. However, like any other piece of software, it is susceptible to a variety of issues.
- Check out our simple remedies in the guide below if you’re having problems connecting to the Internet after updating ExpressVPN to the current version.
- To master ExpressVPN, learn everything there is to know about it.
One of the most popular VPN services on the internet is ExpressVPN. However, after updating ExpressVPN to the current version, many users have problems connecting to VPN servers.
This type of error isn’t uncommon, as ExpressVPN frequently fails to connect. Don’t worry; following the troubleshooting procedures below will rapidly resolve the issue.
What can I do if ExpressVPN won’t connect after update?
1. Check your Internet connection
Close ExpressVPN and try to view any page in your browser.
If you can’t access any websites, it suggests you’re having network connectivity troubles that aren’t related to the VPN service (before or after the upgrade).
Here are some possible solutions:
- Test your Internet connection speed.
- Check your router settings and reset it.
- Toggle between Wi-Fi and wired connections.
- Reset Winsock and flush your DNS servers
- Network drivers should be updated.
- Disable any proxy settings that aren’t working.
- Your DNS servers should be changed.
2. Try connecting to another ExpressVPN server
If you can access the Internet while not connected to the VPN, try switching VPN servers.
The server you’re looking for maybe now unavailable due to maintenance.
3. Use a different VPN protocol
- In the main window of ExpressVPN, click the hamburger menu ().
- Select Options.
- Select the Protocol option.
- Choose a VPN protocol.
- Select OK.
- Attempt to connect to a VPN server.
Based on technical aspects such as encryption, authentication, and authorization, the VPN protocol determines how ExpressVPN connects to the VPN server.
Try changing the VPN protocol if you’re having trouble connecting to ExpressVPN after updating the app.
OpenVPN over UDP, OpenVPN over TCP, IKEv2, and L2TP over IPsec are all options (in this order, recommended).
Keep in mind that, due to its security flaws, L2TP/IPsec is currently deemed obsolete. It should only be used when computer security is not a concern.
4. Disable your firewall and anti-malware program
Turn off your firewall and antivirus software for the time being and reconnect to an ExpressVPN server.
If the connection is successful, your firewall, anti-malware software, or both obstruct VPN traffic.
The long-term option is to go into your firewall and antivirus settings to see if you can make an exception for ExpressVPN.
5. Reinstall ExpressVPN and its network adapters
If none of the above alternatives works, uninstall ExpressVPN from your computer and reinstall it.
Every time you try to connect to a VPN server, you’ll have to reinstall the TAP drivers responsible for building the secure tunnel.
6. Send diagnostic files to the ExpressVPN team
- Choose the hamburger menu().
- Select Diagnostic Information from the Help & Support menu.
- Contact Customer Service.
- Enter specific details about the issue.
- Select the checkbox to Include information regarding any recent connectivity issues. Include diagnostic details.
- Relax and unwind till you receive email feedback.
If you don’t have enough experience troubleshooting faults stated in the diagnostic files, you should contact the support team.
There could be a significant flaw in the ExpressVPN package that the developers can only fix.
7. Switch to an alternative VPN service
If ExpressVPN keeps giving you issues no matter what you do, consider switching to a premium VPN service like Private Internet Access.
PIA boasts a network of over 22,500 VPN and proxy servers spread over 98 locations and 77 countries.
You can also test the newer WireGuard protocol, which is quicker than OpenVPN and offers up to 256-bit military-grade encryption.
If you bought ExpressVPN within the previous month, you shouldn’t have any problems switching VPN providers because it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee with no questions asked.
Furthermore, Private Internet Access is significantly less expensive than ExpressVPN.
More about PIA:
- Exclusive DNS servers, a kill switch, and port forwarding
- Netflix US, HBO Max, and other streaming services can be unblocked.
- A policy of no data logging
- Using the same account, you may protect up to ten devices.
- 24/7 live chat assistance
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days (no free trial)
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What can I do if ExpressVPN won’t connect?
- Install the most recent version of ExpressVPN.
- Change the location of your VPN server.
- Modify the VPN protocol.
- Make an exemption for ExpressVPN in your antivirus or online security software.
- Please contact the ExpressVPN Customer Support Team.
2. What is the procedure for resetting my VPN Express?
Log in using the admin password for your router. Go to Administration from the top menu bar. Select Firmware Upgrade from the left-hand menu. Select Reset to Default Settings from the drop-down box, then Choose File to select the firmware file.
3. Is ExpressVPN capable of connecting automatically?
The auto-connect feature in the ExpressVPN Android app allows you to connect to the VPN when you join a network automatically. As you use the internet on your device, your traffic is safeguarded. The auto-connect option is turned off by default.
4. Just a moment… stuck on : r/Express_VPN – Reddit
5. connection stuck halfway and can’t cancel? : r/Express_VPN