Here we can see, “How to: Fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0x004f074 in a Few Steps”
You finally decided to upgrade from your outdated Windows OS to Windows 10. However, an unexpected activation error 0x004f074 shows up when you attempt to activate your new operating system.
Don’t panic; problems with the Windows 10 update are common. You still encounter this issue even after installing a brand-new copy of your new Windows operating system and entering a valid product key.
That means that the Key Management Service could not be contacted during the activation process.
The activation issue 0x004f074 has several potential causes, but the most likely ones include incompatibilities with antivirus or firewall software, faulty Windows upgrades, incorrect edition selections, and similar things.
Fortunately, we have a few workarounds to help you fix this issue. You should immediately try the following fixes if you’re prepared to fix them.
How can I fix Windows 10 activation error 0x004f074?
1. Execute Slmgr.vbs command
- Search for “cmd” there.
- Run as administrator can be chosen by right-clicking the Command Prompt.
- Enter the following command in the Command Prompt: slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (Xs represent digits of your product key).
- Enter the following line and press Enter after that: slmgr.vbs -ato
- Command Prompt is closed.
- Check to see whether the activation error 0x004f074 is resolved by restarting your computer.
You should attempt to fix this mistake by utilizing the Command Prompt with administrative access in the beginning. If you are not already an administrator, you may quickly become one using this tutorial.
The product key is then often replaced by the first command. Finally, the second one is employed to have Windows try an online activation.
2. Use the System File Checker tool
- To launch the Run prompt, concurrently press the Windows and R keys.
- To launch a Command Prompt, enter cmd into the text box and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Click Yes to run with higher privileges when prompted.
- To start an SFC scan, enter the command sfc/scannow.
- Be patient and wait for the command operation to be completed, as it may take some time.
- Restart your computer when the SFC procedure is finished to check if the Windows 10 activation error 0x004f074 has also been resolved.
Many individuals report that using the System File Checker program allowed them to get around activation error 0x004f074. By using the steps mentioned above, you can attempt the same.
3. Disable/uninstall antivirus or firewall utilities
- Ensure no other programs are operating on your computer by logging into Windows as a user with administrator credentials.
- Select Apps & Features from the menu by right-clicking the Windows Start button.
- You will see a list of every software installed on your computer while you are in Apps & Features.
- Choose the item you want to remove, then use the context menu to select Uninstall from the context menu.
- Take the steps shown on the screen.
- Restarting your computer will finish the uninstallation.
Your OS may be unable to license files over the Internet if you have installed an antivirus or firewall program. You can try temporarily turning it off to see if it fixes the issue.
4. Activate your Windows by phone
- To open the Run command, use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R.
- Go to slui 4.
- Choose your nation, then click Next.
- You can dial the numbers listed on the next page. Make a call and, when prompted, enter the Installation ID.
- Next, input the confirmation ID given to you by the call center agent for Microsoft Product Activation, and then click “Activate.”
Try activating your Windows over the phone if you continue to receive the same issue. Additionally practical, this method of activating Microsoft Windows calls the Microsoft Activation Center to exchange activation data.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What does error 0xC004F050 mean?
10 Windows The following are a few causes of activation error 0xC004F050: The product key you entered cannot be used to activate Windows. Attempt another genuine Windows 10 product key or purchase a new one.
2. What is the 0x8007007B error?
0x8007007B is the error code. The syntax for the filename, directory name, or volume label is wrong. When Windows tried to activate, there was an issue. Code of Error 0x8007007B. To obtain a product key, speak with your system administrator.
3. Is Windows 10 activation required to use it?
Windows 10 can be set up legally without being activated, but you won’t be able to customize it or use any other features. Any really inexpensive keys are almost usually fake, so make sure you purchase your product key from Microsoft or a large store that stands behind their sales.
4. Error 0xC004F074 when trying to activate windows. – Reddit
5. How to fix Windows 10 activation error? : r/techsupport – Reddit