Here we can see, “How to: Fix Err_ssl_protocol_error in Windows Pc”
Many users of Windows 10, Windows 8.1 have run into the err ssl protocol error when trying to access particular websites using Google Chrome. Applying the techniques outlined below, which were created expressly for resolving the “err ssl protocol error” error code, will help you resolve this problem extremely quickly.
We’ll also check what version of Google Chrome you need to update to permanently cure the error code “err ssl protocol error,” even though trying to refresh the page first looks to help (because ultimately, it will get your website up and running).
How can I fix err_ssl_protocol_error in Windows PC?
1. Update your Chrome browser
Click or press the link provided below to go to the Google Chrome website and download the most recent version of Chrome.
You must now install the updated Google Chrome program by adhering to the on-screen directions after downloading it.
Now, close every open Google Chrome window.
Your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device should restart.
Once the operating system has started, try starting the Google Chrome software.
Now that everything is working, you shouldn’t experience the “err_ssl_protocol_error” error code any longer.
2. Disable Chrome QUIC Protocol
Many users reported that the issue was resolved by disabling the Chrome QUIC Protocol. The steps are as follows:
- Open a new browser tab and type the following command: chrome:/flags/#enable-quic
- As seen in the screenshot below, utilize the drop-down option to disable the feature.
3. Disable Chrome extensions
Chrome addons occasionally cause the unpleasant Err ssl protocol error. Disable all of your browser extensions to see whether the issue still occurs, then cross this potential cause off your list. If the opposite is true, one of your browser extensions is the problem. Enable each browser extension individually to find and remove the problematic ones.
4. Clear SSL State
One of the simplest methods to resolve browser difficulties is to clear your SSL State. The actions to take are as follows:
- Open the Control Panel and select the Network and Internet tab.
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Go to the Content tab under Internet Options and click the Clear SSL state option.
- Launch Chrome after restarting your machine to see if the issue still exists.
There you have it; I have no doubt it wasn’t difficult to remove the “err ssl protocol error” error code from your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why do I keep getting the ERR SSL PROTOCOL ERROR error?
The ‘ERR SSL PROTOCOL ERROR’ warning will show up if the Google browser is used to view an SSL-protected website and the secure connection is unsuccessful. Chrome notifies the user this way if a problem obstructs the required certificate exchange.
2. A net:: ERR SSL PROTOCOL ERROR is what?
Net::err ssl protocol error is one of them. An SSL protocol problem happens when a web browser cannot create a secure connection, as the name implies. Naturally, a website with an SSL certificate is where this occurs. The following error message would appear if this problem were to happen.
3. How do I upgrade a Windows SSL certificate?
Register an account with CertCentral. Click Certificates > Expiring Certificates in CertCentral’s left main menu. Click Renew Now next to the certificate you wish to renew on the Expiring Certificates page.
4. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR and I have tried everything …
5. [HELP] ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR : r/computers – Reddit