Here we can see, “FIX: err_tunnel_connection_failed error proxy exception”
- The err tunnel connection failed error proxy exception is more common than you might think in Google Chrome. Chrome is unable to connect to the internet due to misconfigured proxy settings.
- This article will show you 9 surefire techniques to fix this mistake quickly and effectively.
- Switching to a new browser may be the easiest and quickest option to resolve this problem.
- If you see the proxy err tunnel connection failed issue, you can fix it by changing your proxy settings.
A proxy exception causes the error message Err tunnel connection to fail. It usually happens with Google Chrome when the browser refuses to connect to the Internet through the proxy.
The issue could be caused by incorrect Chrome settings or a misconfigured Windows 10 network.
Whatever the source, if you’re having problems going online, accessing restricted content, or browsing the web because of the err tunnel connection failed error, try one of the nine simple fixes listed below.
How do I fix err_tunnel_connection_failed error proxy exception?
1. Update Chrome to the latest version
- Click the three dots in Chrome’s top-right corner.
- Go to Help > About Google Chrome to learn more about Google Chrome.
- Wait for Chrome to update to the most recent version.
An earlier and outdated Chrome version could be blamed for the err tunnel connection failed error proxy exception. However, you may quickly resolve this issue by updating your browser to the most recent version.
If you get a Chrome update problem, make sure the Google Update service is turned on on your computer.
2. Switch to a better browser
Consider switching to a better browser like Opera if Google Chrome sends you errors more frequently than you’d like. It’s very light, loads pages quickly, and works with Google Chrome addons.
Furthermore, Opera has a user-friendly, fully customizable interface. You can set up numerous workspaces to boost your productivity and use applications like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram directly.
And, unlike most other online browsers, Opera includes a built-in VPN service that you can use for free. You may connect to VPN servers in Europe, America, and Asia, but there are no configuration options.
3. Check proxy settings
- On Windows 10, press the Start button.
- Enter Proxy settings and then click or press Enter.
- At Automatic proxy setup or Manual proxy setup, double-check your proxy settings.
- Click Save to save any changes you’ve made.
Because Google Chrome uses the Windows proxy settings, double-check that the proxy configuration is right, regardless of whether you used the automatic or manual proxy setup mode.
Suppose you’re having trouble connecting to a proxy server on Windows 10. In that case, you should run a malware scan and delete any suspicious software programs that might be causing the proxy to err tunnel connection failed problem.
4. Clear browsing data and cache
- Click the three dots in Chrome’s upper-right corner.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- On the left-hand menu, select Privacy and security.
- Select Clear browsing data from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle to Advanced mode.
- Select All time as the time range.
- Make sure you’ve checked all the boxes.
- Clear the data by clicking the Clear button.
Use a different web browser to get online to make sure Chrome isn’t the source of the err tunnel connection failed problem.
Once you’ve determined that the problem only happens in Chrome, erase your browsing data and cache. After that, please restart your web browser and give it another shot.
5. Disable proxy and use a VPN instead
- Press Enter after clicking the Start button and typing Proxy settings.
- Disable Setups are detected automatically.
- Disable Make use of a setup script.
- Using a proxy server to Disable is a good idea.
- Register for a VPN subscription (we recommend PIA).
- Download and install PIA on your computer.
- Connect to a VPN server using PIA.
- Chrome allows you to browse safely.
If all else fails, consider ditching your proxy server in favor of a reputable VPN.
In our example, we recommended Private Internet Access (PIA) because it is the best VPN for secure online.
PIA can unblock websites and enable you to view Netflix US, Hulu, and other streaming services and preserve your online privacy.
Private Internet Access, which Kape Technologies founded, offers over 3,300 VPN servers in 48 countries. It works with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and routers. It also comes with browser extensions for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera.
If you still wish to utilize a proxy server, thanks to PIA’s built-in SOCKS5 and Shadowsocks proxy, you may do so while the VPN connection is active. It also comes with dedicated DNS servers, a browser-based ad and malware blocker, an emergency kill switch, and static and dynamic IP addresses.
More about PIA:
- Protects up to ten devices at the same time
- There were no IP, DNS, or WebRTC leaks.
- Live chat assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days (no free trial)
6. Reset Internet settings
- As an administrator, open Command Prompt.
- Copy and paste the following lines (press Enter between each line)
ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew NETSH winsock reset catalog NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log exit
3. Restart your computer.
Restarting the network settings by flushing your DNS and resetting Winsock is another way to fix the err tunnel connection failed VPN error. If this does not address the problem, move on to the next step.
7. Change your DNS servers
- Go to Network Connections by right-clicking the Windows 10 Start button.
- Change the adapter options by clicking the Change adapter options button.
- Select Properties from the context menu when you right-click your Internet connection.
- Double-click TCP/IPv4 (Internet Protocol Version 4).
- Select The following server addresses should be used.
- 184.108.40.206 is the preferred DNS server.
- The alternate DNS server should be set to 220.127.116.11.
- Click OK > OK to continue.
- Restart Chrome and see what happens.
If you continue getting the err tunnel connection failed error proxy exception when trying to go online with Google Chrome, it could be because of your misconfigured DNS servers. In that scenario, you can resolve the issue by changing DNS settings.
We recommend utilizing Google Public DNS, Cloudflare or because they are public, free, fast, and secure DNS servers.
8. Reset Chrome settings
- Go to Settings by clicking the three dots.
- On the left-hand menu, select Advanced.
- Clean up by selecting Reset.
- Restore settings to their original defaults by clicking Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Reset the settings by pressing Reset.
One of the simplest ways to fix the proxy err tunnel connection failed error is to restore browser parameters to their original configuration.
It’s the same as installing a new Chrome version on your computer that is untouched by user preferences and customizations.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. What does the Err tunnel connection failed error mean?
What Does Err Tunnel Connection Failed Mean in Chrome? Another way Err Tunnel Connection When the Google Chrome browser fails to construct a tunnel that links to the website the host user is trying to open, or when Chrome fails to connect to the internet, a failed message is displayed.
2. On Android, what does Err tunnel connection failed to mean?
The ERR TUNNEL CONNECTION FAILED error appears when you try to connect over a proxy or VPN and the connection fails. There are various reasons why this occurs, but the two most typical ones in the case of proxies are: The proxy server is unavailable. If that doesn’t work, try turning it off and on again.
3. What exactly does Err failed to imply?
The site can’t be found. Err failed – An error has occurred. Your Internet settings can sometimes cause this error, and the easiest approach to resolve the problem is to restore the original settings. It’s possible that the website isn’t available right now – If your browser is out of date, you may have this problem.
4. “ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED” Error and Solution
"ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED" Error and Solution When Using Proxy / VPN from chrome
Issue: ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED on most websites from brave_browser