Here we can see, “DS4Windows Could Not Open Exclusively”
- The DS4Windows could not open exclusively error has been a hot topic.
- Close all other apps and reattach the DS4 controller to see if that fixes the problem.
- It’s possible that new Windows upgrades are to blame for DS4Windows’ inability to open exclusively.
- You can potentially resolve this vexing issue by altering your firewall’s settings.
DS4Windows, created by Jays2Kings, is a simple application that allows users to play PC games with a DualShock 4.
Without a doubt, the DS4 is the best game controller, and the best way to play games is in exclusive mode, so what should you do if DS4Windows won’t open exclusively?
This mode has extremely strict requirements for connecting the DS4Windows tool to other applications, and if they aren’t met, a notification will appear in the log file. The exclusive mode could not be enabled.
Continue reading for a complete step-by-step guide to resolving this vexing problem. Just make sure you follow it exactly, or your system files could be permanently damaged.
How do I get DS4Windows to work in exclusive mode again?
1. Download the necessary drivers manually
- Download the newest InputMapper HIDGuardian drivers.
- After the download is finished, click run and follow the on-screen directions to finish the installation.
- Pay close attention to the next step.
2. In Registry Editor, modify the attributes of your controller
2.1 Collect the hardware identifiers
- Press Enter after clicking Start and typing the control panel.
- Go to the Hardware & Sounds section.
- Select Devices & Printers from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the Wireless Controller, right-click it, and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Hardware tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select HID-Compliant Game Controller from Device Functions and then Properties.
- Navigate to the Details tab.
- Select Hardware IDs from the drop-down box under Property.
- Close the window after copying the first three strings of text into a notepad file.
2.2 Make changes to registry values
- Select Run by right-clicking on the Start icon.
- Enter the following in the Run box: regedit and press Enter.
- This is the path to take:
- Modify Affected Devices by right-clicking on it.
- In the Value box at the top, paste the three-string code you copied before (only paste 1 code per line and make sure the last line is left blank).
- To save, click OK.
- Your computer should be restarted. Exclusive Mode should now be enabled on your DualShock 4.
3. Verify that all connections are permitted
- Select Update & Security from the Settings menu.
- Select Windows Security from the left-hand window.
- Click on Open Windows Security in the right-hand pane.
- Select Firewall and network protection from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle Allowing an app or service to pass through the firewall.
- There will be a new window open. On the list, look for the DS4Windows application.
- Ensure that all connections, both incoming and outgoing, are authorized.
- Exit after saving the settings.
- Check if DS4Windows is working in the exclusive mode now.
4. Remove the most recent Windows 10 updates
- Select Settings from the Start menu.
- Select Update & Security from the drop-down menu.
- From the left-hand pane, choose Windows Update.
- Select View update history from the drop-down menu.
- From the top of the window, select Uninstall updates.
- Locate the most recent update, right-click it, and select Uninstall.
- Restart your computer after the process is finished.
Hopefully, one of these techniques will work, and you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite games in exclusive mode as intended.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Can’t open DS4 for some reason?
Close all other applications that may be utilising the real controller and then reconnect it (or ->Stop ->Start DS4Windows) to fix problems with exclusive mode.
2. What is DS4Windows exclusive mode?
When using exclusive mode, no other application should have an open connection to the controller when the DS4Windows utility is started and a device is connected.
3. What’s the deal with DS4Windows not working?
If your controller is disabled, DS4 Windows will fail to recognise your PS4. You can use Device Manager to see if this is the problem. 1) Select Device Manager from the Start menu by right-clicking it. 2) Expand Human Interface Devices and right-click HID-compliant gaming controller, then pick Enable device from the context menu.
4. Ds4 windows exclusive mode not working please help – Reddit
5. Exclusive mode not working : r/DS4Windows – Reddit