Here we can see, “How to: Fix Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 Doesn’t Work”
- On Windows 10, several users have stated that Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 doesn’t function properly for them.
- You must turn off compatibility mode for the program to function correctly.
- Additionally, check to see whether natspesk.exe is not running with administrator rights.
- USB headsets can occasionally save the day in the most bizarre circumstances.
Due mainly to the software’s advancement since its initial release, voice recognition has recently experienced a resurgence in popularity.
Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 is a Windows dictation program that will make life easier for Windows 10 PC users by doing away with the burden of typing.
Thanks to this fantastic program, you may now efficiently operate your device with voice commands, especially when you’re typing. Thus, you can launch Microso Word and recite words and punctuation.
With this software, you may also edit text and utilize all of Word’s features locally. Compared to typing, it is up to three times faster.
For people who favour using speech recognition software, Dragon Naturally Speaking is ideal. The application is reportedly not functioning correctly for some users, though.
Users claim that Dragon Speaking Naturally is active and that Task Manager can see its processes, but the main screen is missing.
As you can see, this renders the software inoperable on Windows 10, however there are a few fixes that could assist you in resolving the problem.
Make sure to upgrade Windows 10 and Dragon Speaking Naturally to the most recent versions before we begin.
The majority of compatibility problems you might encounter will be easier to handle thanks to this. Try any of these fixes if updating doesn’t work.
How to Solve Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 Problems in Windows 10
1. Turn off Compatibility mode
- Right-click on the shortcut for Dragon Naturally Speaking to open it.
- From the list, select Properties.
- Locate the Run this software in compatibility mode for the section on the Compatibility tab and uncheck it.
- Click OK to save the modifications and run the application once more.
According to users, the most recent version of Dragon Naturally Speaking for Windows 10 doesn’t need Compatibility mode to function properly. Using the methods listed above, compatibility mode can be turned off.
If you haven’t turned on compatibility mode, you might want to try running the application or installing it using the compatibility mode.
2. Don’t run natspesk.exe as administrator
- Track down natspesk.exe. It ought to be in the directory where Dragon Naturally Speaking was installed.
- Property can be selected by right-clicking natspesk.exe.
- Uncheck Run as administrator under the Compatibility tab.
- To save the changes, click Apply and then OK.
- Restart your computer, then attempt to launch the application once more.
You can try NOT launching natspesk.exe as administrator if disabling compatibility mode didn’t fix the issue. Simply follow our instructions if you’re unsure of how to disable it.
When you try to launch a software with administrator rights, it’s not uncommon for it to unexpectedly malfunction. So make sure that is handled.
3. Use USB headphones
Older headphones with audio jacks are gradually being replaced with more versatile USB headphones that don’t require separate connections for the microphone and the headphones.
You might want to try using USB headphones to see if it resolves the issue since some customers claim that doing so addresses problems with the Dragon Speaking Naturally software.
Since USB ports are so flexible, we assume that the program is having issues with the Audio Jack and that switching to USB will solve the problem.
That concludes this article. The Dragon NaturallySpeaking issue on your Windows 10 device should be easily fixed.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How do I reinstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13?
Run the uninstall application from Add/Remove programs to altogether remove all of the NaturallySpeaking components from the computer before you can reinstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking. When prompted to save the speech files during the uninstall process, choose “yes”.
2. How is Dragon NaturallySpeaking fixed?
- Navigate to the “C:Program FilesNuanceNaturallySpeaking10Program” directory by opening a command line.
- Enter the command natspeak.exe /fixguids.
- All program file files for Dragon will be re-registered.
3. Does Windows 10 support Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13?
The support for Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 on Windows 10 has been confirmed by Nuance. Customers who already have Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 installed on a compatible Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 device should be able to update to Windows 10 without having to do so.
4. Anyone using Dragon NaturallySpeaking on a surface? – Reddit
5. Help an old man out please : r/techsupport – Reddit