Here we can see, “How to: Fix Can’t Set a Custom Ringtone in Windows 10”
What Should You Do If You Can’t Set a Custom Ringtone in Windows 10?
Users have reported that they’ve tried using both.mp3 and.wav files as ringtones with no luck, so how can you fix this?
- Change the mp3’s genre to ringtone.
- Change the ringtone’s file extension.
- Change your ringtone app.
- Update your phone’s software.
Solution 1: Change the mp3’s genre to ringtone
This is an unusual technique, but it appears to work for people, so here’s how to change the genre of your mp3 files.
- Locate and right-click your mp3 file.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Then go to the Details tab.
- You should see a list of tags; all you have to do now is change the Genre tag to ringtone.
- To save the changes, simply click Apply then OK.
- After that, you’ll need to copy the mp3 file to your phone’s ringtone folder. Settings/Personalization/Sounds/Ringtone should be the folder’s location.
This completes the process; your custom ringtone should now appear in the ringtones list. However, the custom ringtone does not appear in the custom section for some users; instead, it appears in the list.
Solution 2: Change the ringtone’s file extension
- Make a.m4a file out of your personalized ringtone. You can do this by using one of the many free internet converters or any conversion software.
- After you’ve converted your personalized ringtone to.m4a, rename the file to.m4r. To do so, you’ll need to display your files’ file extensions. You may proceed to step 4 if this option is enabled for you. If not, proceed to Step 3 to learn how to display file extensions.
- To access the Ribbon menu in File Explorer, go to View. After that, simply check the File name extensions option, and all of your files’ extensions will be revealed.
- Locate your.m4a ringtone file and right-click it to rename it.
- Replace ringtone name.m4a with ringtone name.m4r in the filename. Basically, all you have to do is change the extension from.m4a to.m4r in the file name.
- If you want to modify the file extension, you must confirm by clicking Yes.
- After that, simply move your ringtone.m4r file to your phone’s Ringtone folder, and you’re done.
Solution 3: Change your ringtone app
If you’re having trouble setting a custom ringtone on your Windows 10 phone, it’s possible that the ringtone app you’re using is to blame. Install a new ringtone app and see if it fixes the problem.
There are a plethora of similar programs available for download from the Microsoft Store. Free Ringtones, for example, is one of the most popular ringtone apps for Windows 10 Mobile.
This program allows you to get thousands of free ringtones for your Windows phone. Ringtones can be found by artist, previewed online, and then downloaded to your phone.
Ringtone Hub, Mega Ringtones, and Ringtone Plus are some of the other ringtone apps that have garnered great reviews on the Microsoft Store. They are also available for free download.
Solution 4: Make sure your phone is up to date
Outdated operating systems can cause a slew of problems. So first, make sure your device is running the most recent version of Windows 10 Mobile. Then, install the available updates by going to Settings > Phone update.
There you have it; we hope one of these four solutions assisted you in resolving your personalized ringtone issue. Please let us know which option worked best for you.
If you have any further ideas or thoughts on solving this problem, please share them in the comments section below.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. On Windows, how can I make a song my ringtone?
Select the newly added ringtone from Applications > Settings > Ringtones + Sounds. With Zune, you can even build your own ringtone. Choose the songs you wish to turn into ringtones, right-click them, and select Edit > Ringtone > OK from the menu.
2. How do I customise my ringtone?
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select the Sounds tab.
- Toggle the phone’s ringtone on and off.
- Select the system’s Sound Picker programme instead of a file manager or Zedge if you get a “Open with” or “Complete action using” popup.
- In the ringtones folder, tap the custom ringtone you saved.
- Save or OK are the options.
3. How can I make a ringtone out of an mp3?
To make your ringtone, download or transfer the song to your phone.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to the Sound & Vibration section.
- Activate the phone’s ringtone.
- Go to My Sounds to find out more.
- If you don’t see your ringtone, use the Plus button in the bottom-right corner.
- Locate and pick the music.
- Save the file.
4. hi, i try to add custom ringtone to iphone 12 but i can’t – Reddit
5. Custom sounds not working : r/Windows10 – Reddit