Here we can see, “Corsair Mouse Side Buttons Not Working”
- Onboard profile conflict or faulty button mapping are the most common causes of Corsair mouse side buttons not working.
- Use the built-in repair tool to repair and fix issues with the iCUE software.
- Clear the onboard profile storage and erase the default profile to fix the side button difficulties.
- Additionally, a fresh installation of the iCUE software can assist you in resolving the issues.
Corsair’s gaming peripherals, including gaming mouse, are among the best on the market. Multiple side buttons on the Corsair mouse allow the gamer to personalize the action based on their needs.
However, numerous users have recently claimed that the Corsair mouse side buttons are not working.
The side buttons on your Corsair mouse may cease working for various reasons. Some of the causes include incorrect button assignment, faulty Corsair software, and hardware failure.
Today, we’ll look at a few options for resolving the Corsair mouse side buttons not working issue in games and other programs like GeForce Now.
What can I do if the side buttons on my Corsair mouse aren’t working?
1. Install the latest device drivers
Corsair mice might be affected by outdated or missing device drivers. Some mouse functions may cease operating due to pending updates if you recently installed a Windows update.
While you may manually upgrade your mouse driver from Device Manager, updating multiple device drivers can be time-consuming.
DriverUpdater, a third-party software updater utility, can automate this procedure and simplify installing driver updates.
Old or incompatible drivers are the source of some of the most prevalent Windows issues and malfunctions. Lag, system issues, and even BSoD‘s can occur if your system is out of the current.
2. Verify that iCUE is active
iCUE is a Corsair-developed utility that allows users to customize their peripheral devices, including the mouse. Make sure iCUE is running in the background if the side button on your Corsair mouse isn’t working.
Open Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar. Check to see if the iCUE process is active. If this isn’t the case, restart the tool and leave it running in the background. With iCUE running, see if the side buttons work now.
If the problem persists, use the Control Panel to repair iCUE. It includes a built-in repair tool for locating and resolving faults that prevent the software from working properly.
3. Onboard storage that is uncluttered
- Open the iCUE application.
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Select your Corsair mouse from the Device Settings menu.
- For Device Memory, click the Clear onboard storage button.
- To confirm the action, click Yes.
To fix the problem, make sure to erase all of the default profiles. All profiles will be deleted from the device’s memory if the onboard storage is cleared. Once cleared, reboot the computer and select your custom profile as the only choice.
4. Change the function of the side button
- Start iCUE.
- Select your Mouse from the Device drop-down menu.
- To add an action, go to Actions and click the Plus icon.
- Choose Remap Mouse Button from the Macro drop-down menu.
- Choose the action you want the side buttons to execute in the Mouse Button settings.
- From the predetermined actions tab, select the same action.
- Check the box next to Retain original key output on the Advanced tab.
- Carry out the same steps for all of the actions you wish to assign to your side buttons. Close iCUE and see whether the problem with the Corsair mouse side button is fixed.
5. iCUE should be repaired
Remove the Corsair composite virtual input device from your system
- Open the Device Manager program.
- Expand the Human Interface Devices section in Device Manager.
- Uninstall the Corsair composite virtual input device by right-clicking on it.
- Uninstall the driver software for this device by checking the Delete the driver software for this device box.
After you’ve deleted the driver, you may start the repair process. Before repairing iCUE, you must first install the Corsair composite virtual input device driver.
iCUE should be repaired
- To open Run, use the Windows key + R.
- To open the Control Panel, type control and click OK.
- Under the Programs section, select Uninstall a Program.
- From the list of installed apps, find and choose the iCUE software.
- To confirm the action, click the Uninstall button and then Yes.
- Select the Repair option from the iCUE software setup screen.
- Click Next and wait for the utility to scan and correct any faults with the software.
Rerun the iCUE installation file and select Repair from the setup page if the Repair option is not accessible. Reboot your computer after the repair is finished to see if the macros and remaps are working.
6. Remove the driver for your Corsair mouse
- To open Run, use the Windows key + R.
- To open Device Manager, type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Expand the Mice and other pointing devices area in the Device Manager.
- If you have more than one pointing device connected, right-click on your Corsair mouse device in the list and select Uninstall Device.
- When the Uninstall Device box appears, confirm the action by clicking the Uninstall button. This will remove the Corsair mouse from your computer.
- Restart your computer once the program has been uninstalled. During the restart, be sure your mouse is linked to your computer. Windows will recognize and reinstall the device after the restart.
For many customers, reinstalling the Corsair mouse appears to have resolved the issue of the Corsair mouse side buttons not working. A simple uninstall has addressed the problem for many PCs with fresh Windows upgrades.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. Why aren’t the side buttons on my mouse working?
It’s possible that the mouse buttons aren’t recognised as independent buttons, or that no default action has been given to them. System of Operation: Default actions will only be set to mouse 1 and 2 (left and right click). This implies that by default, using your extra buttons will have no effect.
2. How do I get the side buttons on my Corsair Harpoon to work again?
Harpoon should be reset.
After plugging them back into the PC, you don’t have to hold them for more than 10 seconds. Restart iCUE and remove the side button actions that have been reset. Add more activities and then use the thumb buttons to see whether the problem still exists.
3. What is the best way to soft reset my Corsair Mouse?
Keep the left and right mouse buttons pressed. Turn the mouse back on while holding down the mouse buttons. Release the buttons after around 5 seconds. If it successfully resets, an LED will blink.
4. Scimitar Side Buttons Not Working. : r/Corsair – Reddit
5. Side buttons on Corsair Scimitar PRO stopped working… : r/ffxiv
Side buttons on Corsair Scimitar PRO stopped working… from ffxiv