Here we can see, “Your Connection is Not Fast Enough Plex Error”
Users are looking for a fix for the problematic connection issue even though Plex is a more than trustworthy Media Server solution for various devices. It can be a deal-breaker and is primarily found on Nvidia Shield and Fire TV. Particularly because it has been there for about 3 years and is still not entirely resolved. The mistake reads Your connection speed is insufficient.
Now, the underlying issue is that the impacted customers almost surely have a strong connection, and the server hardware is primarily designed for transcoding. Either the Shield has a flaw, or Exoplayer 2 on Plex has a problem. In any case, we made an effort to give you some simple troubleshooting techniques. Future updates won’t be made until the issue is resolved.
How to fix Your connection is not fast enough error on Plex
1: Check the connection
- Make sure you are connecting over a wired connection.
- Restart both the server and the Shield.
- Make sure the ports on the modem are open.
- Verify the speed of your connection.
- Examine the IP assignment.
2: Update the app or sideload the Test version
- On your Nvidia Shield or Fire, update the Plex app, or downgrade to the 6.12 Android-based version.
- Visit the official Nvidia Shield forum by clicking here.
- The most recent test firmware version can be accessed by registering your Shield serial number.
- Install it, then check for advancements.
3: Update Plex Media Server
- Access the web interface of the server.
- Launch Settings.
- Choose the Server tab.
- Activate the most recent version.
- Start the Plex Media Server again.
Additionally, Plex Support needs your logs to reproduce and permanently fix the issue. So, if you have the time, email them the logs.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I speed up my Plex server?
- Launch the Plex Web application.
- To view the server settings, go to Settings > Server > Transcoder.
- To view advanced settings, activate Show Advanced in the top-right corner.
- When available, enable Use Hardware Acceleration.
- At the bottom, click Save Modifications.
2. Does Plex function in other nations?
The most accessible AVOD service in the world, Plex offers global ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) content to customers in more than 200 countries.
3. Plex, is it legal?
When streaming from Plex’s server or uploading legally obtained and replicated personal material, Plex is entirely legal. However, the user has the option to upload unlawfully obtained media to their personal media server.
4. Your connection is not fast enough to play : r/PleX – Reddit
5. Server not fast enough error… : r/PleX – Reddit