Here we can see, “How to Change Data Source in Power Bi”
Power BI is beneficial for building a thorough perspective of your company’s data. With the aid of this software, you may visualize, shape, and exchange different sorts of data.
Making modifications to an existing data source is thus a key functionality.
However, updating the current data source proved difficult for many users:
When I’m trying to change my existing data source (Microsoft Azure CosmosDB) to Blob Storage, the Change source is disabled. How do I workaround this? I have gone through various questions but none of them were similar to mine.
The Change Source button is disabled, as one user from the Stack Overflow site stated and as shown in the screenshot below, but fortunately, solutions are available.
Steps to change the data source in Power BI
1. Change data source from Settings Menu
- Press File.
- Select Settings and options.
- Change the source by selecting it from the Data sources settings menu.
2. Change data source from Advanced Editor
- After adding the new source table, click Edit Queries.
- Select Advanced Editor by clicking on the new source table.
- Press CTRL-C to copy the commands, then click Done.
- Select Advanced Editor by clicking the old table.
- Using CTRL-V, select every command in this section and paste the updated source data.
- Use the modifications.
A crucial feature to have is the ability to change the data source. For many users, the tool may become inoperable if they cannot use this feature.
These are merely workarounds; thus the issue still exists.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. In Power BI, how can I change data sources?
- You can do this by navigating to File -> Options and settings -> Data source settings without using the query editor.
- To change the source, right-click the data sources. The Edit Queries tab. Locate the table or query you want to modify. Change it there by going to the first step of the query, which is consistently named the Source.
2. How many imported data be modified in Power Bi?
You can use the Edit Queries option on the Home tab of PowerBI Desktop. It may be clicked to launch the Power Query editor, where you can freely alter your data. Your data model will be ready to use your edited data to create visuals after clicking Apply and Load after editing.
3. Where are the Power BI data source settings?
The following actions will cause the Data Source Settings dialog box to appear: Choose File > Home > Data Source Settings in Power Query.
4. Change Data Source for PowerBI Dashboard – Reddit
5. How to update data sources efficiently without changing the …