Here we can see, “Backup for Onedrive on Windows 10”
- Both third-party software and the built-in cloud storage program allow you to automatically backup data to OneDrive.
- This post explains how to set up automatic OneDrive backups using the methods mentioned above.
One of the best services for cloud storage is Microsoft OneDrive. Because OneDrive’s software comes preinstalled with Windows 10 and offers five gigabytes of free storage, many users use it.
Many users don’t need to install the OneDrive synchronization program because Windows 10 already comes with it preinstalled. Although it is not preloaded, the OneDrive software is also available for Windows 8 and 7. From the OneDrive for Windows page, you may download it.
Microsoft added an automatic backup function to OneDrive’s standard edition. Thus, through the app’s Backup menu, all users may now set up OneDrive to regularly backup specific folders to their cloud storage.
How can I automatically back up files to OneDrive?
1. Use OneDrive’s Manage backup feature
- By clicking the magnifying glass icon on the left side of your taskbar, you may first access the search box in Windows 10.
- Specify OneDrive in the search field.
- To access the OneDrive app and its folder, click it. The File Explorer window that appears can be closed.
- Click the OneDrive icon that appears in your system tray next.
- To activate OneDrive syncing, you might need to sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Select Help & Settings from the menu.
- To see the window is shown in the image directly below, select Settings.
- Click the Backup tab next.
- Select Manage backup from the menu.
- You cannot pick any additional directories; only your Documents and Pictures folders will be chosen by default. Therefore, select Start backup.
2. Use a dedicated third-party tool
Using the capable AOMEI Backupper is the fastest and most effective solution to automatically backup your information to OneDrive.
With the help of this software, you may choose any folder to automatically backup (or sync) to OneDrive.
This excellent software also lets you to make 1 to 1 backups of your drives, operating system, and partitions, ensuring that your computer is always safeguarded against potential data loss.
AOMEI Backupper provides quick outcomes with
- Install AOMEI Backupper by downloading it.
- Click the Sync tab after starting the program.
- Choose Sync from the menu.
- Select a folder on your PC by clicking the Add Folder button.
- Select a cloud drive from the menu.
- When choosing a backup location, pick OneDrive.
- Select “Start sync” from the menu.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Windows 10 supports OneDrive backups.
For further information, see Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10 if you’re confused about where your files are saving. In the Windows notification area, click the blue cloud icon, then choose Help & Settings > Settings, Backup, and Manage Backup. Choose the directories you want to backup. Choose Begin backup.
2. OneDrive has a backup, right?
Your Windows PC’s Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders can be backed up with OneDrive PC folder backup, so they are safe and accessible on other devices. See Sync files with OneDrive in Windows if you haven’t already configured OneDrive on your PC.
3. Is there a system backup in Windows 10?
In Windows versions before 10, your previous backup is still accessible if you utilized Backup and Restore to back up files or build system image backups. Type “control panel” into the taskbar’s search box. Pick Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore next (Windows 7).
4. Does anyone else think OneDrive is annoying? : r/Windows10
5. Is OneDrive reliable as a backup system? : r/microsoft – Reddit