Apex Legends will release a new update on June 29th, along with the Genesis event. It will also include changes to the Arenas mode. These changes will impact the prices of weapons that players can purchase before rounds begin and balance adjustments for different Legends abilities and changes to the Arenas maps. The updated patch notes have detailed what is happening in the Arenas mode.
Arenas changes concern the weapon options and their costs. The second most significant change is in the prices and cooldowns of abilities, with only a small amount of notes being dedicated to the actual maps. There will be some bugs fixed in the patch.
Rewind the Apex Games in the Genesis Collection Event. ⏪
Return to the original Kings Canyon and World's Edge maps or fight for glory on the Skull Town Arenas map. Return to where it all began starting June 29. pic.twitter.com/uuUFY55jsy
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) June 24, 2021
Arenas Price Adjustments
Prices for Weapons
- P2020 Lvl 1 Upgrade – 50 -> 25
- Upgrade to P2020 Lvl 2: 125 -> 75
- P2020 Lvl 3 Upgrade – 200 -> 150
- RE45: 250->200
- EVA 250 -> 300
- Mastiff: 500 to 400
- R99: 550-> 500
- Volt: 500 ->550
- Spitfire: 550-> 600
- L-Star: 400 to 500
- R301 Lvl 2 Upgrade – 300 -> 350
- G7 Scout: 350 to 400
- G7 Scout Level 3 Upgrade: 250->200
- 30-30: 350 ->400
- 30-30 Lvl3 Upgrade: 250 ->200
- Arc Star: 100->125
- Gold Backpack 250 -> 300
- Legend Ability Prices
- Crypto EMP 600 -> 500
- Crypto Drone: 100 to 50
- Recurrent Death Totem: 600->500
- Lifeline DOC Drone 50 ->75
- Fuse Knuckle Cluster 150 > 75
- Bloodhound Ult 350-> 450
Arenas Balance changes
Legend Ability Adjustments
- Reduced Pathfinder’s Grapple start charges to 2 from 3.
- The cooldown for the Zipline round of Pathfinder was increased from one round to the next.
- Rampart’s Sheila round cooling down reduced from every three rounds to every other round.
- Wattson’s Interception Pylon round cooling down was increased from each round to the next.
- Octane’s LaunchPad cooling down increased from each round to the next.
- Octane’s Stim charges have been reduced to just two charges starting at 3.
- A scoreboard has been added to the map screen.
- Now you can report players by pressing [SPACE/Y] on the map screen
- Starting in Round 3, you will now have a shield battery, two syringes, and two shield cells.
- To make it more feasible, care packages will be delivered 5 seconds earlier than normal to ensure that contained weapons are available before the round ends.
- 6x scope transferred from base sniper weapon weapons to Lvl 1.
Adjustments to the Arenas Map
- To favor downtown a little more, adjusted circle logic
- Minimap simplified in visual language
- To prevent unfair advantage to large rig Legends, certain props have been raised on the map.
- I added a few trees to decrease the likelihood of spawn sniping. (Looking at you, Reptar).
Arenas Bug Fixes
- The attached turbocharger is now visible in the UI for Purple devotion
- During the legend select screen, players will not be able to choose Jump Masters.
- The sniper stock has been updated to indicate an empty slot whenever needed.
- After sustaining a teammate’s life, you can no longer be in a crouching position.