Here we can see, “FIX: Age of Empires 3 doesn’t work in Windows 10”
- There could be a compatibility issue if you can’t get Age of Empires 3 to run on Windows 10.
- Try running the game in compatibility mode to see if it helps.
- It’s also possible that you’ll need to update your Windows version to get your game back up and running.
- You can also just upgrade your game client to get the most out of your Age of Empires 3 sessions.
What to do if Age of Empires 3 is not working on Windows 10?
- Select Properties from the context menu of the Age of Empires 3 shortcut.
- Select the Compatibility option from the drop-down menu.
- Check Select the operating system from the list and run the software in compatibility mode.
- After that, click Apply, then OK.
This is a relatively simple fix; simply run the game in Windows 10 compatibility mode and follow the preceding steps to resolve the issue.
2. Install the latest version of DirectX
Users of Windows 10 have experienced issues with the operating system. For example, when trying to run Age of Empires 3, the application can’t start because d3dx9 25.dll is missing from your computer problem message appears.
To resolve this issue, try reinstalling the software. Unfortunately, this issue is caused by a faulty or improperly copied DirectX file, and the only way to correct it is to download and install the most recent version of DirectX.
Alternatively, you can insert the game disc and navigate to the DirectX9 folder, where you can copy the d3dx9 25.dll file to your game directory.
Also, in case you’re having troubles with Age of Empires 2 on Windows 10, look into possible remedies.
3. Update Windows
Make sure your computer has the most recent Windows OS upgrades installed.
Microsoft releases Windows updates regularly to improve system stability and address other issues, such as game bugs or game compatibility concerns.
Keep in mind that using outdated Windows versions can result in various technical issues, making it difficult to enjoy a seamless gaming experience.
Simply type “update” into the search box to get to the Windows Update area. Then go to Windows Update and check for updates, then install any that are available.
4. Remove temporary files and folders
- Launch Disk Cleanup by going to Start and typing Disk Cleanup.
- Choose the disk that needs to be cleaned.
- Choose Clean up system files from the drop-down menu.
The simplest and quickest way to delete temporary files and directories is to use Disk Cleanup.
When you use your computer or surf the Internet, your computer collects a variety of useless files known as junk files.
They can slow down your PC, cause numerous error messages, and prohibit apps, programs, and games from running, among other things.
It’s critical to clean your temporary files on the disk where you installed the OS regularly.
5. Clean boot your PC
- In the search box, type System Configuration and press Enter.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box on the Services tab, then click Disable all.
- Go to the Startup tab and select Open Task Manager from the drop-down menu.
- In Task Manager, go to the Startup tab and select all objects.
- Close the Task Manager after clicking Disable.
- Click OK and restart your computer on the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box.
- Restart the game to see if the issue still exists.
When you clean boot your PC, you use a limited set of drivers and startup programs. This prevents software conflicts from arising when Age of Empires 3 is launched.
6. Update your game client
Update any third-party game clients you have installed on your Windows 10 PC. Running out-of-date game client versions might result in a range of problems, limiting your gaming experience.
So, by installing the most recent game client updates, you can cross this likely cause off your list.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. Why isn’t Age of Empires 3 working for me?
There could be a compatibility issue if you can’t get Age of Empires 3 to run on Windows 10. Try running the game in compatibility mode to see if it helps. It’s also possible that you’ll need to update your Windows version to get your game back up and running.
2. Is Age of Empires 3 compatible with Windows 10?
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition is now available on Windows 10 and Steam and with Xbox Game Pass for PC and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. The Age community “developed quite a list of goods they’d want to see, from must-haves to wild hopes and dreams” for the game.
3. What is the best way to fix Age of Empires 3?
Select the building you want to repair, then click the tiny hammer button at the bottom of the grid (where units and other items are). I feel that for a ship to be automatically repaired, it must be close to a dock.
4. Age of Empires III: Complete Collection won’t launch so I can’t
5. How to run Age of Empires 3 on Windows 10? : r/pcmasterrace