Here we can see, “FIX: Age of Empires 2 doesn’t work in Windows 10”
- Age of Empires 2 is a popular strategy game, however it has compatibility issues with newer operating systems.
- If Age of Empires 2 won’t run on Windows 10, you might need to apply a system optimizer.
- Because your operating system’s compatibility may be limited, make sure you run the game in compatibility mode.
- Also, make sure your game is up to date to avoid difficulties.
Windows 10 is used by millions of people worldwide. Still, it, like many other operating systems, has issues with older software from time to time.
When it comes to ancient software, some older games, such as Age of Empires 2, will not run on Windows 10, but there is a workaround.
Check out our article for the correct methods to assist you in overcoming this problem while still enjoying your favorite game.
How do I get Age of Empires 2 to work on Windows 10?
1. Use a system optimizer
Restoro is a great game to download for a better gaming experience. By enabling your PC, it will assist you with various gaming concerns.
This system optimizer can eradicate malware and repair any virus-related harm to your computer.
Because this is fully automated software, you can get Age of Empires 2 to function on Windows 10 with just a few clicks.
2. Run the game in compatibility mode
- Select Properties from the context menu of the Age of Empires 2 shortcut.
- Select the Compatibility option from the drop-down menu.
- Check Select the operating system from the list and run the software in compatibility mode.
- After that, click Apply, then OK.
Because Age of Empires 2 is such an ancient game, it’s possible that running it in compatibility mode will solve the problem.
If you’re using Steam to play Age of Empires 2, you might want to attempt the following solution.
3. Disable the Age of Empires 2 launcher
- To play Age of Empires 2, go to Steam and search for it.
- Choose Properties from the context menu when you right-click it.
- Select Set launch choices from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK after typing NoStartUp.
- Then select Browse local files from the drop-down menu.
- The launcher can be deleted or renamed.
- Make a backup of AoK HD.
- Change the name of the AoK HD copy to Launcher.
- Return to Steam’s properties window and close it.
If running the game in compatibility mode doesn’t fix the problem, you can disable the game launcher.
4. Make sure your game is up to date
If you want to ensure you don’t have any further issues with this game on Windows 10, you should install the most recent version of Age of Empires 2.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I download and install aoe2 from the Microsoft Store?
In the Microsoft Store’s Downloads area, look for updates to Microsoft Gaming Services. Install the Xbox app on your device. From there, open the app and update the game. Repair or reinstall the Microsoft Store app with Powershell.
2. Why isn’t Age of Empires 2 working for me?
When a game crashes, the most common cause is a problem with your graphics card driver. You may be using an out-of-date or malfunctioning graphics driver, causing the game to crash. So, if something goes wrong in Age of Empires 2, the first thing you should do is update your graphics driver.
3. What are the locations where I can play Age of Empires 2?
On PC, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is available through the Microsoft Store, Steam, and an Xbox Game Pass subscription for PC. The Microsoft Store and Steam have enabled crossplay, allowing you to connect with the entire community regardless of where you like to play!
4. AoE II won’t play after Windows 10 upgrade : r/aoe2 – Reddit
5. Getting Age of Empires II: Conquerors to work on my computer
Getting Age of Empires II: Conquerors to work on my computer from techsupport