Here we can see, “How to Add an Image to Power Bi”
One of the most fundamental functions of Power BI is the ability to add images to dashboards. So, using it ought to be simple. But for many people, this isn’t always the case.
On the website’s forum, one user posted the following:
Hi there, been trying to insert a local image onto my PowerBI Desktop report but could not get the “image” function on PowerBI desktop to work. Seeking help over here. tks in advance for reading my post!
When attempting to insert an image into a report, the OP ran into issues and got the following message:
The user also mentioned that the 380 kb.jpg file he attempted to upload is large. Instead of serving as a background, as in the image below, the image was intended to be a tile.
Fortunately, there is a fix for this difficulty, and today we will demonstrate how to add an image if you run into it.
Steps to add an image in Power BI
- Use Paint or another picture editing program to resize the image. The picture was changed in this instance from 380 kB to 449 kB.
- To Power BI Desktop, add it.
You can thus try to resize your image to fit the dashboard. This ought should resolve your issue.
Is adding images in Power BI a walk in the park? Not really
It is common knowledge, even among less experienced users, that Power BI only allows the addition of photos that are classified as URLs. A file system or other website page must be the source of the URL.
So, at least for Power BI, the days of simply uploading a picture from your computer are over.
Major disadvantages may result from this. When offline, for instance, you are unable to add an image. Additionally, the image will not appear on your dashboard if the file is relocated, renamed, or removed.
I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. In Power BI, how can I insert a PNG file?
Ensure that you are not chosen on any certain visual (so you are selected on the page itself). Then select the Format icon from the Visualizations menu, which resembles a paint roller (on the right-hand side of your page). There is a place where you can insert an image under “Page Background.”
2. In Power BI, are images supported?
An image can be added to a report page in Power BI directly or as a table, matrix, or slicer graphic component. The process of adding an image to a report page only requires the click of a button. Sadly, you will need Power BI Desktop to complete them.
3. How do I find an image’s URL?
- Open the Google, Chrome, or Firefox apps on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Visit images.google.com now.
- Look for the picture.
- Tap the image to view a larger version in the Images results.
- Depending on your browser, copy this image’s URL: the Google app Tap More in the image’s upper right corner. Share. Copy .
4. Adding Images to Dashboards in Power Bi Online App – Reddit
5. Image to data : r/PowerBI – Reddit